About Student Grievance Redressal Committee
The Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC) is a committee established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to address student complaints. The committee also considers matters of harassment. The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance Redressal Committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Grievance Redressal Committee members in person.
To foster a transparent, supportive, and inclusive academic environment where all student's concerns are heard and addressed promptly, contributing to a positive and empowering university experience.
The mission of the Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC) is to provide an accessible and impartial platform for students to voice their concerns and seek resolution. Committed to upholding the principles of fairness and justice, the SGRC aims to cultivate a harmonious learning community that prioritizes the well-being and rights of every student.
- Addressing Complaints
- To diligently examine and address complaints lodged by students, ensuring a fair and impartial assessment of each grievance.
- To promote a culture of open communication and trust, encouraging students to express their concerns without fear of reprisal.
Ensuring Merit-Based Judgement
- To judge the merit of each complaint based on thorough investigation and evidence, ensuring a just resolution in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- To maintain transparency in the grievance resolution process, keeping all parties informed about the progress and outcome of the investigations.
Harassment Prevention and Resolution
- To proactively address matters of harassment within the university community, creating an environment free from any form of intimidation or discrimination.
- To educate the university community about harassment prevention and foster a culture of respect and dignity for all individuals.
Accessible Grievance Redressal
- To provide a user-friendly and accessible platform for students to approach the Grievance Redressal Committee.
- To ensure that the grievance redressal process is clearly communicated to all students, promoting awareness about the committee's role and procedures.
- To regularly review and refine the grievance redressal procedures, incorporating feedback from students and stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of the committee.
- To collaborate with university stakeholders to identify and address systemic issues that contribute to grievances, striving for continuous improvement in the overall student experience.
By adhering to this vision, mission, and objectives, the SGRC is dedicated to fostering a supportive and inclusive educational environment where students feel heard, valued, and empowered to contribute to their academic community.
Filing Complaint How to file a complaint
We encourage students to feel free to write complaints using the ERP Portal Grievance of P P Savani University. Students can visit the Grievance tab in ERP Portal & register their complaints by login in ERP Portal. Cell strives to ensure that anonymity is maintained throughout the investigation.
It is a part of the procedure that once the complaint is filed, then within 48 hours, one or both conveners will set up a meeting of SGRC Cell with the student filing the complaint to explain the procedure of remedy (towards the grievance) and punishment (of the discriminator). This meeting is usually face-to-face and scheduled at the earliest after the complaint is filed.
The cell welcomes any suggestions and ideas from the students to improve upon.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Grievance Redressal Committee Members
Dr. Bhavesh Akbari
+91 99799 83654
Dr. Naresh Patel
Professor of Marketing and Dean of the Faculty of Management and Information Sciences, Dharmsinh Desai University, Gujarat
+91 94266 99665
Dr. Bindesh Patel
+91 99986 67396
Dr. Tejal Patel
Assistant Professor (Liberal Arts and Management)
+91 99254 23433
+91 87200 24251