Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The cell has been established to support and bring students from such communities into the mainstream.
The Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell promotes the special interests of students in the reserved category. It provides special input in areas where the students experience difficulties.
The SC/ST cell of the P PSavani University was established with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students at PPSU. The university takes special initiative in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll in career orientation programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
P P Savani University prohibits any kind of Caste Based Discrimination at the Workplace and actively desists its members from indulging in any form of caste-based discrimination. Discrimination based on caste is a punishable offense. The University Grants Commission has strictly ordered higher educational institutions to monitor caste-based discrimination. Anyone may report a case through the online mode of the ERP Portal.
Prevention of Caste-Based Discrimination at Workplace Committee University has also constituted the Prevention of Caste-Based Discrimination Committee to resolve issues about Caste-Based Discrimination in Workplace.
To be an institution of excellence in higher education that constantly responds to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, toward creating a people-centered and ecologically sustainable society that promotes and protects the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights of all, with special emphasis on marginalised and vulnerable groups.
To Assist, guide and train students, teaching & non-teaching faculties of the weaker and needy section of society to produce the best citizen of mankind to maintain happiness, harmony and prosperity in society.
- The SC/ST Students Cell addresses academic and non-academic issues and complaints received from students belonging to the SC and ST communities. The Institute strives to ensure an environment where all communities can participate in academic and research activities without any sort of caste-based discrimination, without any sort of other discrimination
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- The Cell aims to ensure that anti-discrimination laws in the context of caste are followed in letter and spirit. The Institute is proud to implement reservation schemes as sanctioned by the Indian Constitution and as mandated by the Government.
- How to file a caste-based discrimination complaint:
The cell is where complaints by students about discrimination and/or harassment are to be brought up. We encourage students to feel free to write complaints using the ERP Portal [SC/ST/OBC Caste-Based Discrimination Complaint] of P P Savani University. Students can visit the Grievance tab in ERP Portal & register their complaints by login in ERP Portal. Cell strives to ensure that anonymity is maintained throughout the investigation.
It is a part of the procedure that once the complaint is filed, then within 48 hours, one or both conveners will set up a meeting of SC/ST Cell with the student filing the complaint to explain the procedure of remedy (towards the grievance) and punishment (of the discriminator). This meeting is usually face-to-face and scheduled at the earliest after the complaint is filed.
The cell welcomes any suggestions and ideas from the students to improve upon.
The following are the members of the P P Savani University SC/ST Cell:
- Dr. Sateesh Biradar (Convenor) (Registrar)
- Mr. Chirag Desai (Co-Convenor) (Assistant Registrar)
- Ms. Asmita Patel (ERP Coordinator)
- Mr. Varun Surani (PRO)
- Dr. Tejal Patel (Associate Professor)
- Ms. Khushbu Chauhan (Assistant Professor)
- Ms. Barkha Makwana (Assistant Professor)
- Mr. Paresh Mistry (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Sabirkhan S. Pathan (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Ashish Mathur (Professor)
- Dr. YaminiSoni (Assistant Professor)
- Ms. Tanveera Pathan (Counselor)
- Ms. Chaudhari Jigisha Tulsibhai (Assistant Professor)
- Ms. Rachel Rakeshbhai Vasava (Assistant Professor)
- Ms. Dhruvika Rajeshbhai Parmar (Assistant Professor)
- Ms. Pooja Trivedi (Senior Clerk)